Pondering the following thoughts and ideals can likely benefit you in many ways.
- The meaning of your communication can be understood by the response it elicits in others.
- The “map” that you use in order to help you “navigate” through your life should not be confused with the actual territory that the map is meant to represent. The world that you believe in, is very different than the world that many others believe in.
- Everyone lives in their own unique model of the world. What we each individually perceive and understand is our own unique version of reality and is not duplicated in any other living being. Rest easy with this knowledge and you afford yourself the possibility of many new and wonderful learnings that are not available to people who believe that their version of the world is THE correct version.
- No matter how poor their performance, people always do the best they are capable of, given their unique model of the world, their currents skills and abilities, and the situation at hand.
- People have all the resources necessary to make any desired change. Actually activating these resources can be another whole story.
- Hold the positive worth of each individual as a constant, while sometimes questioning the value and appropriateness of their behaviors.
- “The Problem” is, that you do not fully recognize the true magnificence of who you really are, and in the process of not fully recognizing your own magnificence, you will tend to devalue both yourself and others.